A meteorite,

An open forum where all registered users can post on meteorite related topics. No advertisements are permitted in this forum. For access to the secure BIMS members forum please follow the "Join BIMS" link from the main website.

Re: A meteorite,

Postby Antiquarian » Mon May 29, 2017 9:21 pm

I'll have to look for a university that identifies meteorites first, then have to select the right stone keeping in my it should be more that 20 grams for submission, dug up broken fragments merely are more than 20 grams, simply asking, what will i left with? stone gone, losing hundreds of $s of air freight, you think its so easy to find another fragment of the same rock again?
I do not think so, anyway, i don't know probably don't have any institute near by me.

With due apology to admin and all members for editing/changes,

Here's some unknown, undefined rock, just washed it and never touched again.
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
the other side 3.jpg
Last edited by Antiquarian on Wed May 31, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Antiquarian

Postby Barwellian » Tue May 30, 2017 12:46 am

Could be slag or volcanic...but unlikely to be a meteorite, even though some Apollo samples have vesicles a little like this. If it is below 100g you only have to submit 20% not 20g...standard procedure...and your stones are pretty much worthless and lost to research unless analysed and confirmed anyway...so you may as well give it a go if you are convinced and don't respect opinions here ....institutes worth approaching here on the link below...not difficult. If you never offer them up for analysis then nobody with experience will believe you have any meteorites and those with no experience will be compromised.

http://meteorite-identification.com/verification.html

G
Barwellian

Postby Antiquarian » Tue May 30, 2017 2:30 am

I certainly respect your opinion and it could be anything.
Last edited by Antiquarian on Wed May 31, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antiquarian

Postby Antiquarian » Wed May 31, 2017 1:16 pm

Thanks for the link, i shall contact some of them,
Antiquarian

Postby Antiquarian » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:41 pm

But meanwhile, here is very unusual rock, maybe another slag, probably all members have an experience and expertise of years could tell me, have any of you seen a variety of fragments as in this rock that i am showing you, seen in slags or any other terristerial rock?

I suspect diamonds in this rock, i could be by far wrong, this is not thin sectioned, surface of the rock is photographed, i certainly respect your opinions but still looks like (i do not say regolith) feldspathic breccia, i could well be wrong :)
Attachments
013 .jpg
014 .jpg
Antiquarian

Postby Antiquarian » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:50 pm

Ok, here's another meteorite, fusion crusted and cracked because only these type of rocks you can understand as meteorites, secondly, i have concluded that stuff i am researching on and my finds are entirely different from your research and findings, i have no one here to blame for anything , otherwise i was intended to gradually show you some very convincing different types of rocks , and my deleted vesicular rock was in fact a twined cubic shaped raw ore nugget dug up/found not far from the rim, which you people could not identify.....:mrgreen:

P.S. I really like this forum for so many reasons, my special thanks to admins who undoubtedly tolerated me and endured my posting rock images, i know i might or may not keep myself from posting more images here, although knowing that i will not get any positive responses, more likely if i'm wasting your time or if anyone of the members have any sort of objections, so please Admin you may moderate me and delete all my data whenever appropriate, i'll be grateful.
Attachments
2.JPG
Antiquarian

Postby Antiquarian » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:37 pm

Well, thanks admins, :mrgreen: and sorry for bothering again.
Back to meteorites, weathered but still shiny fusion crusted, from my collection and i don't think i still need to be more educated for this type of rock. What you'd think it is a PAC or OC?
Attachments
3.jpg
4.jpg
Antiquarian

Postby Antiquarian » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:14 pm

Just for the change...
You may call this stuff some sort of Moldavite or Tektite but, it looks more like a Pallasite, Primitive kind of pallasite, a Martian
maybe anyway have a look.
Attachments
1.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
Antiquarian

Previous

Return to BIMS Open Forum