Rocks from Space PoD

An open forum where all registered users can post on meteorite related topics. No advertisements are permitted in this forum. For access to the secure BIMS members forum please follow the "Join BIMS" link from the main website.

Rocks from Space PoD

Postby Kieron » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi Folks,

For those who haven't seen it yet, today's RfSPoD shows some dodgy characters at Wold Cottage:

http://www.rocksfromspace.org/June_21_2011.html

I must say, that inscription could certainly use some TLC.

Cheers, Kieron
Kieron

Re: Rocks from Space PoD

Postby msg-meteorites » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:19 pm

Apart from the one in the grey shirt! ;-)

You are right about the inscription though, its in hand but its going to be a long process with lots of jumping through hoops. I have been in contact with English heritage and have arranged a visit to the monument with their representative. Their initial response has been very positive but that doesnt change the fact that there is still an official application to go through and the small problem of raising the necessary funds!

It was a good trip with Dave and Maddie and Graham, only wish i was able to have gone on to Ensisheim with them!

Cheers all

Martin
Martin Goff
www.msg-meteorites.co.uk
IMCA member 3387
msg-meteorites

Re: Rocks from Space PoD

Postby Kieron » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:08 pm

Hi Martin,

Are you able to expand on the monument thing, maybe in a new thread in the Members' section? I am sure I am not the only one who would be happy to help.

Regards, Kieron
Kieron

Return to BIMS Open Forum