Ensisheim show 2015 article and photos

An open forum where all registered users can post on meteorite related topics. No advertisements are permitted in this forum. For access to the secure BIMS members forum please follow the "Join BIMS" link from the main website.

Ensisheim show 2015 article and photos

Postby msg-meteorites » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:35 pm

Hi all,

Just uploaded a write up and photos from the Ensisheim meteorite show 2015 to my website. Please take a look and hopefully it will evoke some good memories or if you have not yet been entice you to come along next year :-)

http://msg-meteorites.co.uk/meteorite-adventures/the-ensisheim-meteorite-show-2015/

Cheers

Martin
Martin Goff
www.msg-meteorites.co.uk
IMCA member 3387
msg-meteorites

Re: Ensisheim show 2015 article and photos

Postby Barwellian » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:29 am

Nice report Martin...of course it was the meteorites in between the eating and drinking that we really went for... :-)
Barwellian

Postby msg-meteorites » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:20 pm

Eating, drinking, meteorites and good friends, what more do you need for a fantastic weekend! :-)

Only 287 days left to go till Ensisheim 2016 ;-)

Cheers

Martin
Martin Goff
www.msg-meteorites.co.uk
IMCA member 3387
msg-meteorites

Postby brasky12 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:44 am

Enjoy reading your witty and informative reports Martin, and the pictures are fab.

Very interested to see that huge Elbogen slice, I sometimes wonder why Ensisheim is the holy grail of meteorites when Elbogen (if I'm not mistaken) is the earliest preserved fall, and also has a remarkably colourful history.

Finbarr.
brasky12

Postby msg-meteorites » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:39 pm

Hi Finbarr,

Thanks for the kind words and i'm glad you enjoy reading my show reports, I enjoy writing them too :-)

You are right, that large slice of Elbogen was indeed hugely impressive. Was Elbogen a witnessed fall? It certainly has a good story attached to it so not sure why it is not more widely talked about. Maybe the fact that there is not much around and available to collectors makes it less discussed? I know it is one that is missing from my collection, I used to have a small 3 gram slice that i sold a few years ago and have never upgraded since. One to look out for! :-)

Cheers

Martin
Martin Goff
www.msg-meteorites.co.uk
IMCA member 3387
msg-meteorites

Postby brasky12 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:08 am

Elbogen is listed as a fall in the MetBull database Martin, although the exact circumstances don't seem to be as well documented as Ensisheim. Maybe the French authorities were just quicker on the draw with regard to the tourism possibilities ;)
brasky12

Return to BIMS Open Forum