Meteorite Hunter: The Search For Siberian Meteorite Craters

An open forum where all registered users can post on meteorite related topics. No advertisements are permitted in this forum. For access to the secure BIMS members forum please follow the "Join BIMS" link from the main website.

Meteorite Hunter: The Search For Siberian Meteorite Craters

Postby Bryan Drummond » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:34 pm

Hi,

I saw this book by author Roy A. Gallant advertised on Amazon and thought it would make an interesting read. I placed the order and was given a fairly lengthy lead time for delivery. After just over a month, I contacted them and I was told they would not be able to provide the book.
I contacted Waterstones with the ISBN who informed me the book was no longer in print. Out of curiosity I contacted Fullerton's Book search Service who managed to source the book for £45 including delivery which is significantly more than it was on Amazon.
Anyone read the book and let me know if its a worthy read?
Bryan Drummond

Re: Meteorite Hunter: The Search For Siberian Meteorite Crat

Postby Barwellian » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:33 am

Hi Bryan...I have had the book a while now...I seem to remember it was a good read...but would not pay that price...there are two on ebay at the moment for half that price including shipping from the USA.

Graham
Barwellian

Postby David Entwistle » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:57 am

Hi,

I haven't read the book, but would put in a good word for the Advanced Book Exchange. I've used it many times and generally had good results.

As I understand it, ABE is made up of small second-hand book sellers who share what they have using a common web interface. You may find a supplier in the UK, but if not, items shipped from the US are generally delivered within a couple of weeks. Shipping estimates are provided.
David Entwistle

Postby Bryan Drummond » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Ah Brilliant, thanks! I'll have a look at both options and se which is best.
Bryan Drummond

Postby msg-meteorites » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:51 pm

It's a fantastic read Bryan, highly recommended. not technical but an interesting an engaging read. I certainly wouldn't pay £45 though as there are copies available on abebooks for less than £6 including delivery ;-)

Cheers

Martin
Martin Goff
www.msg-meteorites.co.uk
IMCA member 3387
msg-meteorites

Return to BIMS Open Forum