The 34th Symposium on Antarctic Meteorites

An open forum where all registered users can post on meteorite related topics. No advertisements are permitted in this forum. For access to the secure BIMS members forum please follow the "Join BIMS" link from the main website.

The 34th Symposium on Antarctic Meteorites

Postby David Entwistle » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:00 pm

The 34th Symposium on Antarctic Meteorites will take place on November 17 and 18, 2011 at the National Institute of Polar Research, Tachikawa City, Tokyo, Japan.

The web site for the symposium is here. From there you can access the programme, but there aren't many details other than the title of the papers and posters being presented. I see that Dr Richard Greenwood will be giving a special presentation "Understanding Early Solar System Processes: An Oxygen Isotope Perspective".

While snooping around the Antarctic Meteorite Research Center web site, I found the following of particular interest:

Yamato-791538 has got to be one of the prettiest meteorites I've ever seen. See here for details.
The yellow patches are eroded and polished olivine crystals.

Image is on the National Institute of Polar Research web site.
David Entwistle

Re: The 34th Symposium on Antarctic Meteorites

Postby David Entwistle » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:48 pm

David Entwistle wrote:From there you can access the programme, but there aren't many details other than the title of the papers and posters being presented.

I should correct that statement - you can access all abstracts from the programme, by clicking on the abstract title within the programme - as it says on the main page. Sorry, I just hadn't noticed this.
David Entwistle

Return to BIMS Open Forum