Newest acquisitions

An open forum where all registered users can post on meteorite related topics. No advertisements are permitted in this forum. For access to the secure BIMS members forum please follow the "Join BIMS" link from the main website.

Newest acquisitions

Postby Marko » Fri May 13, 2011 7:11 pm

Received a packet from Rob Elliot today, including this lovely 1.67g slice of Wold Cottage:
wold1.jpg
Wold Cottage 1.67g
wold1.jpg (94.13 KiB) Viewed 12359 times

Marko
Home of Meteorite History: http://historicfalls.com
Marko

Re: Newest acquisitions

Postby msg-meteorites » Fri May 13, 2011 7:14 pm

Nice, very nice! I would have to say that WC is my favourite meteorite. Really cool addition to your collection.

Cheers

Martin
Martin Goff
www.msg-meteorites.co.uk
IMCA member 3387
msg-meteorites

Postby Kieron » Fri May 13, 2011 7:49 pm

Hi Mark,

You must be well pleased with that - good for you!

I had a parcel from Rob today too, but all I've got to show for it is a 'Sorry you were out' card. Slices of Hambleton and Strathmore are currently languishing in Stowmarket sorting office :|

I must say, its good to see Rob Elliott in full swing again. Looking forward to seeing the auction catalogue.

Regards, Kieron
Kieron

Postby Matt Smith » Fri May 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Nice Wold Cottage Mark.

Just to keep up with the rest of you I also got a package from Rob today! Moss and Pena Blanca Springs for me, I never bought any Moss when it first fell (generally felt the price was a little high) and had read something about PBS recently that made me look for a piece. Unfortunately I cannot remember what I read, or where, but I'm sure I'll find it again at some point and be pleased to have a piece in the collection :)

Matt.
Matt Smith
Site Admin

Postby David C » Sat May 14, 2011 4:50 pm

Very nice Mark! I must get a piece of WC myself ;)
David C

Postby msg-meteorites » Sun May 15, 2011 8:22 am

Matt,

Matt Smith wrote:Unfortunately I cannot remember what I read, or where, but I'm sure I'll find it again at some point and be pleased to have a piece in the collection

I think Richard Greenwood mentioned Pena Blanca Springs in a conversation with Graham during our visit. Something about it being very unique and interesting but i cant remember the details of what he said. Maybe Graham can remember? Anyway, a nice addition, Moss too. You are right about Moss in that the price has always seemed very high, but then a recent witnessed fall of a carbonaceous is pretty cool!

David, WC is a must have! ;-)

Cheers

Martin
Martin Goff
www.msg-meteorites.co.uk
IMCA member 3387
msg-meteorites

Postby Matt Smith » Sun May 15, 2011 8:46 am

msg-meteorites wrote:I think Richard Greenwood mentioned Pena Blanca Springs in a conversation with Graham during our visit. Something about it being very unique and interesting but i cant remember the details of what he said.

Richard mentioned Cumberland falls having inclusions of many different classiifications in addition to aubrite, not sure about PBS though.

Matt.
Matt Smith
Site Admin

Postby msg-meteorites » Sun May 15, 2011 10:27 am

Doh!My mistake, it was Cumberland Falls not PBS that he wasx talking about.

Cheers

Martin
Martin Goff
www.msg-meteorites.co.uk
IMCA member 3387
msg-meteorites

Return to BIMS Open Forum