Henbury Craters & Meteorites book by Svend Buhl & Don McCol

An open forum where all registered users can post on meteorite related topics. No advertisements are permitted in this forum. For access to the secure BIMS members forum please follow the "Join BIMS" link from the main website.

Henbury Craters & Meteorites book by Svend Buhl & Don McCol

Postby msg-meteorites » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:52 pm

I got around to ordering my copy of this the other day and its just arrived this morning, looks like a fantastic read. Arrived just in time too for my holiday at the Wold Cottage, perfect reading material to take with me!:-)
Martin Goff
www.msg-meteorites.co.uk
IMCA member 3387
msg-meteorites

Re: Henbury Craters & Meteorites book by Svend Buhl & Don Mc

Postby Barwellian » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:01 pm

I'm sure you will enjoy that Martin.

Got myself a signed limited prepublished copy from Svend in Ensisheim and it's definitely worth every penny...really enjoyed reading it...brought back great memories of my visit to the craters a few years back...quite an adventure.

Enjoy Wold Cottage.

Graham
Barwellian

Postby msg-meteorites » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:44 am

Thanks Graham, I will indeed enjoy WC. We are eating at the Falling Stone pub on the 1st night there, last time I was there was with you and Dave Gheesling :-)
Martin Goff
www.msg-meteorites.co.uk
IMCA member 3387
msg-meteorites

Postby David Entwistle » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:06 am

As an excellent accompaniment to the book, The University of Adelaide has constructed a video of the Henbury Meteorite Conservation Reserve using data collected using a drone.

Mapping of meteorite impact craters at the Henbury Meteorite Conservation Reserve using the little drone that could - the 3DR Iris+. Photogrammetry processing done using Pix4DMapper.
David Entwistle

Return to BIMS Open Forum