121130 - Image of the Month for December

BIMS news forum, these are the items you read on the main BIMS page. BIMS members please feel free to add comments and discuss the items in this forum.

121130 - Image of the Month for December

Postby Matt Smith » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:59 pm

This months image appears courtesy of Kieron Heard and is a very welcome shot of his 1.9g Appley Bridge specimen. Appley Bridge is an English LL6 meteorite that fell in October 1914. Click here to view the image in the Gallery or here for our archive of all previous "Image of the Month" images. Details and images of the recent BIMS visit to Appley Bridge are contained in the members forum here. If you're registered on the forum, but don't have access to the members area please fill in the form on our membership page.

I'm still short of images for the future, so I'd urge any members to get a photo or two sent in!

On a separate issue, there has been a growing number of attempts to post spam in our forums. Due to this I've disabled some free email services, including hotmail, from being used on the forum. If this has affected any of our regular and legitimate users please let me know and I'll try to resolve it for you.
Matt Smith
Site Admin

Return to News